Corporate and Trusts Solicitor apply now
Witten LLP is currently seeking an experienced and motivated mid-to senior level lawyer to join our solicitor group working in the areas of corporate law and trusts.
As a member of this group you will work on a broad range of transactions including entity formation and organization, reorganizations and restructurings, business succession planning, and trusts, as well as general corporate and estate matters.
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate and trusts experience, but we would be pleased to receive applications from more experienced candidates.
- Ability to execute and advise on corporate transactions such as the formation and organization of ownership entities (e.g. corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, trusts), business succession and small business transactions, including implementing tax planning, shareholder agreements, estate freezes and restructuring.
- A member in good standing with current, active membership with a Canadian Law Society, preferably Alberta.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, manage conflicting priorities, and work collaboratively with clients and colleagues.
- Desire to build strong client relationships.
- Responsive, resourceful, practical and diplomatic problem solver.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
*While meeting all of these requirements is most preferred, applicants with a similar set of skills and experience may also be considered.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing firm that offers sophisticated corporate work. The environment is supportive and collegial with a strong potential for career growth. We also offer competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to Cathy Farnell.