Trainer - Software and Technology apply now
Applications are being accepted for a Trainer to provide firm-wide training and support in all user software programs. The Trainer will work independently and collaboratively with the IT Department, Technology Committee and all firm members to establish, deliver and maintain basic, intermediate, and advanced training programs to staff and lawyers and to provide one-on-one training and support as and when needed. Related education and experience in diverse technical and systems training are essential, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all the firm’s mission-critical software.
- Setting up, configuring, and testing of all of necessary software programs for new hires.
- Developing and delivering thorough user training to new hires.
- Developing tailored end user training as requested or as identified.
- Providing individual and group in-house training on programs as needed and requested.
- Preparing training information and reference materials.
- Identifying and maximizing software capabilities to end users.
- Identifying technical advancements to improve workflow and efficiency.
- Maintaining technical and program updates, including licenses.
- Responding and providing technical support to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting to prioritize responses based on urgency.
- Solid working knowledge of desktop and portable devices, including mobile phones, laptops, notebooks.
- Researching new technology and software advancements and providing recommendations.
- Assisting the IT department with new software releases and upgrades.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn how to use firm’s mission-critical software and to research, identify and explain the best way to achieve this.
- Superior interpersonal skills in working with firm members to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Able to deliver information and training through clear and understandable communication methods.
- Work collaboratively with IT Department and Technology Committee in identifying training and software needs.
- Strong at time management, multi-tasking, and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Solid knowledge in key programs: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, PowerPoint), Office 365, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Familiarity with iManage, Acumin, Eclipse, HotDocs is an asset.