Back to Support Staff
Legal Assistant (Junior) - Commercial/Corporate apply now
Applications are being accepted for a junior Legal Assistant to join a general corporate/commercial practice involving commercial real estate transactions and corporate commercial transactions. This position is ideal for a recent graduate of a recognized legal assistant program or a candidate with equivalent experience. Responsibilities include:
- File management, creating and maintaining an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files).
- Billing and timekeeping functions.
- Drafting letters, documents and correspondence.
- Prioritizing and monitoring the various components of commercial and corporate transactions.
- Ordering and analyzing due diligence searches.
- Calculating, drafting and analyzing financial documentation.
- Handling the receipt and disbursement of transaction funds and reporting.
- Maintaining a diarization system for future tasks.
- Providing excellent client service, positive rapport with lawyers, clients, team members with professional communication skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and aptitude to learn, enthusiastic for continued learning and career growth.
- A positive self-starter who follows instructions and takes initiative.
- Able to interact with the appropriate level of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including word, excel and outlook.
- Sound ability to adhere to deadlines, manage work volume, and complete priorities.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities.