Riley joined Witten LLP in 2011 as a summer student before articling with the firm in 2013 and becoming an associate in 2014. Prior to that, he received his Juris Doctor in law and his Bachelor of Arts with Distinction from the University of Alberta.
Riley is a member of Witten LLP’s litigation group. He maintains a general litigation practice with an emphasis on construction, commercial, and employment law matters as well as creditor’s remedies. Riley’s experience includes contractual disputes, advising clients on builders liens matters and employment disputes. He also has considerable experience in debt recovery and realization. Riley has appeared before various levels of courts and tribunals.
Outside of work, Riley is actively involved in various sports, including hockey, lacrosse, skiing and golf. He has competed in various national championships over the years. He also enjoys travelling, most recently visiting Spain, England, Vietnam and Thailand.
Awards and Achievements
- University of Alberta Dean’s Honour List, First-class standing in post-secondary, University of Alberta
- Betty Anne Segatto Memorial Prize in Real Estate, Superior academic achievement [highest grade] in the subject of Real Estate Transactions in the Faculty of Law, University of Alberta
- Alberta Law Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship, Academic standing in the Faculty of Law, University of Alberta
- Jason Lang Scholarship, Outstanding academic standing in post-secondary, University of Alberta
- T4K Undergraduate Scholarship, Superior academic achievement in post-secondary, University of Alberta
- Frederick A. Scherrer Scholarship in Arts, Superior academic achievement in the Faculty of Arts, University of Alberta
- Jimmie Condon Athletic Scholarship, Athletic and academic excellence in post-secondary, Grant MacEwan University
- Golden Key International Honour Society Inductee, Top 15% of college/university students and top-performing graduate students based on the objective criteria of academic achievements