Garry Appelt, LL.B., Q.C.
Garry has extensive experience in Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Environmental Law, Oil and Gas and Arbitration matters. He was admitted to the Alberta Bar in 1983 after obtaining his LL.B. (1982) at the University of Alberta. Garry was appointed Q.C. (Queen’s Counsel) in 2016. He has appeared at all levels of Court in Alberta as well as Federal Court Trial and Appeal divisions and the Supreme Court of Canada. Garry serves on the firm’s Professional Responsibility Committee.
Garry has submitted papers and has made presentations in his areas of practice, to:
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Law
- Alberta Construction Safety Association
- Canadian Department of National Defence
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension
- Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canada’s Public Policy Forum
- The Environmental Law Centre of Alberta
Garry is active in the triathlon communities of Alberta and British Columbia, a commercially-rated aircraft pilot, a member of the Canadian Owners and Pilots Association, and extensively involved in charitable and community projects.